Sunday, June 13, 2010

One more day. OMG.

I can't believe this is it! I'm leaving for Africa tomorrow morning!! I just took my first malaria pill!! haha! It's crazy how fast the trip has come and I am so ready to go! God has totally provided for me in preparation for this trip; taken care of everything! Provided closure in areas that, looking back, could have distracted from my focus. Now that the time has finally come, I'm not gonna lie when I say that I'm nervous. Two months in your lifetime is nothing; practically just a memory. But when you're in the moment,  living it out, it feels like an eternity.

What I think I'm most nervous about is the change about to take place. I'm very excited don't get me wrong! I am honored to have the opportunity to help others, show them who God is, and tell them about Jesus! There is great responsibility in this and I think that is what is making me nervous. What I'm about to do on this trip has eternal outcomes... that is HUGE! And by change I mean in myself. Typically when we change, we don't realize it until it has already happened. In my case, I know a change is about to happen and it's weird to know ahead of time and also weird because I have no idea how being in a developing country for 2 months is about to impact my future. For all I know, I might stay there (just kidding Mom & Dad lol)!! 

Whatever the outcome, I know it is all in God's plan and I have to find peace in that. I'm excited for the vulnerability and uncomfortableness I am about to experience... I have to be reliant on God because I will have no one else. And as crazy as it sounds, I'm so ready. 

Psalm 91

He who dwells in the shelter of the Most High
will rest in the shadow of the Almighty.

I will say of the LORD, "He is my refuge and my fortress,
my God, in whom I trust."

Surely he will save you from the fowler's snare
and from the deadly pestilence.


He will cover you with his feathers,
and under his wings you will find refuge;
his faithfulness will be your shield and rampart.


You will not fear the terror of night,
nor the arrow that flies by day,
nor the pestilence that stalks in the darkness,
nor the plague that destroys at midday.

A thousand may fall at your side,
ten thousand at your right hand,
but it will not come near you.

You will only observe with your eyes
and see the punishment of the wicked.

If you make the Most High your dwelling—
even the LORD, who is my refuge-
then no harm will befall you,
no disaster will come near your tent.

For he will command his angels concerning you
to guard you in all your ways;
they will lift you up in their hands,
so that you will not strike your foot against a stone.

You will tread upon the lion and the cobra;
you will trample the great lion and the serpent.

"Because he loves me," says the LORD, "I will rescue him;
 I will protect him, for he acknowledges my name.

He will call upon me, and I will answer him;
I will be with him in trouble,
I will deliver him and honor him.

With long life will I satisfy him
and show him my salvation."

4 comments:

  1. So very excited for you! Your journey will be in my prayers this summer! I look forward to blog updates! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. OK, so which African nation are you going to? I told some people about you going to Africa and they asked me where...and i said, uhhhhhh idk? Have a good time out there!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I miss you already.... I love the song on your profile ;) Where you invest your LOVE you invest your LIFE!!! I love you OH so much!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am waiting for an update! haha, Bartell i am so happy for you! i wish so badly that i could be there with you! But i keep reminding myself that the lord has me here for a reason :) I can't wait to hear all your stories and how the malawians have had an impact on your life.
    PS. Remember when we went to the ophanage and we said that's the closest thing to heaven we've ever experienced? The Malawians have such a Servants heart! Love you!!!!
    ~Laina

    ReplyDelete